Click the above photo to download a PDF data sheet.
The improved Model KMW1031 is a portable, lightweight, waterproof, fully automatic band-switching RF booster amplifier for multi-band VHF/UHF Tactical Radio equipment employing legacy, proprietary and emerging waveforms. The amplifier covers the frequency band of 30-512 MHz using six high speed auto switching filters to assure harmonic suppression and is SINCGARS, HAVE QUICK, and ECCM compatible. The amplifier includes Voltage Spike Suppression, RF sensing, T/R switching, Automatic Level Control (ALC), six automatically switched harmonic filter bands (DAMA capable), and protection against antenna mismatch and over-temperature. The unit may be powered from a single XX90 or similar batteries; or 12 and 24 VDC vehicle power. Protection against accidental polarity reversal is also provided. Low current on standby due to “sleep mode” greatly extends battery life in field use. The amplifier comprises a rugged submersible 2-piece aluminum case. Optional Broadband Antenna, cables and tactical vest pouch are available.
• Radio Vendor independent design. Single and multi-band radio compatible with just an RF connection
• 20 W across the entire 30 – 512 MHz band
• Low input power for full 20 W output
• Super low “sleep mode” standby RX power drain
• Single battery operation: A single 5590 battery will provide approximately 17 hrs of operation with a 15% duty cycle and approximately 25 hrs of operation for the newer 5390 battery
• High speed filter switching in SINCGARS, HAVE QUICK, and ECCM modes to assure compatible interference free operation
• DAMA capable
• Battery and Vehicle power compatible, 12 and 24 volt systems. Filtered and transient protected
• Waterproof (Submersible)
• 3 year Warranty from a company with 30+ years in the business