Click the above photo to download a PDF data sheet.
The TRICOM Research Tactical Radio Repeater and Communications System is designed as a fly away repeater or communications kit for use with the Harris AN/PRC‐152A and/or Thales AN/PRC‐148 family of Multi‐Band Handheld Radios. It allows an operator to rapidly install a LOS, SATCOM, or Wideband communications link virtually anywhere to include military and commercial vehicles or “TOC in a Box” applications. The two radios can be setup as a repeater by connecting them with a retransmission cable (user supplied) with the TX radio amplified by a TCR‐MBA‐50 WB Wideband/Multi‐Band RF amplifier with custom heatsink for air flow cooling. The system consists two BB‐2590 style batteries (user supplied) with integrated battery chargers, an integrated 115/230 VAC power supply, two DC‐DC power adapter for the radios, a temperature controlled dual fan enclosure for power amplifier cooling and an egress panel for easy access to antenna, handset, PA remote and input power connections. Connections are provided for a SATCOM antenna, LOS antenna, wideband antenna and antenna for the RX radio when operating in repeater mode.
- Up to 50 Watts transmit power output (User selectable)
- Auto frequency selection
- Highly portable
- Multi‐Band 30‐512Mhz
- Wide‐Band Operation 225‐450Mhz
- Automatic switching, UPS capability when external DC or AC power is lost
- Automatic battery bypass with external DC or AC power applied
- Backup battery status indicator with integrated battery charging
- uP controlled DC power and cooling system.
- Custom PA heat sink for more efficient fan cooling operation in a splash proof case (when lid is closed)
- Automatic PA DC mode of operation based on DC voltage source (battery, commercial vehicle 12‐14 VDC or military vehicle 24‐28 VDC)
- USB interface for PA remote